Welcome!

Hi! My name is Gordon White, I run the Blue Wave Taekwondo branch in Burlington Vermont. If you are interested in The Blue Wave Taekwondo Schools, please visit our Web site: The Blue Wave Taekwondo Association

Monday, July 23, 2007

Korea Trip - Day 5

We had a little bit of a slower day today - which was good! Everyone is feeling the effects of the past few marathon days we have had of walking and hiking around the sites.

I meant to post a picture from our pizza party at Bucks house yesterday - here it is:


Pizza Party - Thanks Buck and Kaite!

We went to the Kukkiwon today to register for the course. It was exciting to get our badges and Instructor Course Books.

A Picture of our Manual, and the course banner in front of the Kukkiwon Gate

Today is Grandmaster Lee's Birthday! We went out to eat dinner to celebrate. We had SamGapSal, a pork dish cooked on the table skillet. This is one of my favorite Korean disshes.

SamGapSal!

Grandmaster Lee doesnt look to happy in the picture, but he is! We had a good time.


I have not included a picture of our hotel yet, so here it is, the SamJang Hotel

The other thing we did today (Kline, Emerson, Danforth and I) was go to a bathhouse. We hit the hot (and cold) tubs, which felt great. Mr. Williams and Mrs. Heathman went to Namdamun market, it was experience, but they didnt buy much.


We start the course tomorrow, at 8:30 am, the day ends at 6:00pm. On the schedule is a 30 minute warm up in the morning, followed by a lecture until Lunch. The afternoon will cover basics and Poomsae. I will let you know how it goes!


By the way - thanks to everyone in the group for taking all the pictures on the blog! I have only brought a Video Camera, so everyone else is taking the still photos. Just wanted to give some credit so Mr. Danforth stops whining.

Thanks for the pictures Mr. Danforth!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about martial arts and I wanted to tell you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog, www.blackbeltshop.com and www.taekwondosupplies.com so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch!

I love the pictures of Grand Master Lee, he really doesn't look happy but I'll take your word for it that he is.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sir,

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Please tell GM Lee a happy birthday for me. The posts and the photos are awesome! Thanks for the updates.

Mr. Ortega

Anonymous said...

A bathhouse??!! Who washed your back? Hope you enjoyed it!

Gordon White said...

NO, not THAT kind of bath house! Its basicaly a place to go and chill out, use the hot/cold tubs, Suana etc.

Gordon White said...

NO, not THAT kind of bath house! Its basicaly a place to go and chill out, use the hot/cold tubs, Suana etc.