Welcome!

Hi! My name is Gordon White, I run the Blue Wave Taekwondo branch in Burlington Vermont. If you are interested in The Blue Wave Taekwondo Schools, please visit our Web site: The Blue Wave Taekwondo Association

Sunday, July 15, 2007

BBM Challenge Complete!


Ok - I lied, I have time for one more post.

Back in November of 2006, BBM put up her Challenge, I wrote about it here. In general it was a fitness challenge, a training goal, that you could set for yourself, work on and write about.

I knew that I wanted to go to Korea this summer to attend the Kukkiwon Instructors course, and I wanted to be prepared, so I set the goal to do each of my forms (poomsae) 100 times before leaving on the trip. For my rank, that meant 15 forms, Taeguek 1 - ChonkWon, or 1500 reps total.

I am pleased to say that I completed my final 2 reps today! Thanks to BBM for throwing down the Gauntlet, it was a great experience and it will certainly help me continue to be more diligent with my own forms practice.

If you are interested, I kept training notes HERE (not very interesting)and a running count of my reps HERE.

The Symbols above are part of the TaeGuek Forms Philosophy, if you would like to read more about it, you can follow this link.

1 comment:

Black Belt Mama said...

Congratulations! I'm happy to have been the inspiration!